Thursday, April 14, 2011

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich

Josh went out of town this week, so I have to admit...I took the easy road for a few of my meals.

I was all prepared to cook this meal in the slow cooker until I passed by the Rotisserie Chickens at Wegmans.  That seemed to simple to pass up.

After I shredded the chicken, I simply added some store bought BBQ sauce (we like the Dinosaur BBQ sauce because it doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup) into it and heated it.

Marcus loves french fries (what 6 year old doesn't?) and instead of making them from scratch, I knew I had a package of frozen ones somewhere in the freezer.  Also, too easy to pass up.

I did however, make the coleslaw from scratch because I had cabbage in the fridge.



 BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Fries
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1 cup BBQ Sauce
4 buns
Frozen Fries 
Shread Chicken and add bbq sauce.
Make fries according to package directions.
Assemble sandwiches and enjoy!
Coleslaw
2 cups cabbage (shredded)
1 carrot (shredded)
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lemon (juice)
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful parsley or dill (chopped)

 Mix the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
 Mix the mayo, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
 Mix everything together.
"Good food ends with good talk." 

No comments:

Post a Comment