Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

I re found my love of Butterscotch when my sister gave me an Amish Friendship Bread.  If you have never done one of these, you get a small amount of batter, add ingredients over 10 days, divide into 5 parts...pass 4 of those parts to 4 friends and cook your own bread.  That is a whole other story though...

How the butterscotch came into it is... on the last day, before I was going to cook my bread, it called for two packages of instant vanilla pudding.  Who'd have thought I didn't have that in my pantry??  I did however have ONE vanilla and ONE butterscotch.  So I tried it.  SO YUMMY! 

Oven fixed.  Check.

I needed to try to bake something to prove I could do it.  These cookies seemed perfect.  They turned out amazing and everyone loved them!

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Original recipe from Allrecipes.com

  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray baking sheet with Pam.
Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl.   Add the egg and vanilla then continue to beat until well combined.
Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended.  Add the butterscotch chips and mix until combined.  Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on a cookie rack.   Enjoy.
 
"If people take the trouble to cook, you should take the trouble to eat."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment