Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad



Josh went outside to do yard-work on Sunday.  I want to go outside and do yard-work!  NAPTIME.  Love it, or hate it.  Hmmmm...me?  BOTH! 
Love -it...
yes.
when I can clean the beds and have a pretty house....
Hate it...
yes.
Baby monitor is insistant on not working outside.

So...In addition to the much requested vodka drinks...Josh had this when he came in for lunch.

Also, everything I had in the pantry....
mix it all together an PRESTO!  Quick and easy lunch.

Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad



Normally I like to plan the weeks meals ahead and have recipes written and a grocery list ready for shopping by Monday. This week however I did not have the chance to prepare and I have been winging it. At times like these it is always good to fall back on pantry staples. I always seem to have cans of tuna and beans in my pantry/cupboard and I was thinking that a tuna and bean salad would be a nice place to start. My first thought was to go with a mayonnaise based creamy dressing but I wanted something a bit lighter, I decided to go with a simple lemon and mustard vinaigrette. Of course some fresh vegetables and herbs brighten up any salad so I also used those left in the fridge. The salad was quick and simple to make which was nice as I have been pretty busy and it tasted good as well. Overall it was a nice light meal.

Ingredients:
1 6 ounce can water packed tuna (drained and flaked)
1 19 ounce can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 handful chopped parsley
1 handful olives (pitted and chopped, optional) kalamata...but I used plain black...

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful salad greens

Directions:
1. Mix the tuna, beans, onion, garlic, olives and parsley in a bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Mix the dressing and the tuna and beans


Enjoy!!!!

"You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. "

No comments:

Post a Comment