Monday, February 21, 2011

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Who knows what I was thinking a few weeks ago when I bought a Corned Beef brisket???!?  I thought I was in the mood.  My family will not eat this!  For sure. 
Well, anyways it is Sunday left over day, so I took out the corned beef.  I left it out to defrost and Josh says, "Uh, Corned Beef huh?  Is that for dinner?"  Yes, yes it is.  I also have the cabbage and the carrotts...put it in the pot and forget about it right?  Who knows.  I never made it before.
So, a few hours into cooking I started to see if the corned beef was getting tender, and I gave Josh a little taste.
He responded, not with "EEEW!  That's terrible!" but with "How about making that into Reuben's?" 
Sounded perfect, only I didn't have sauerkraut (only the cabbage cooking with the corned beef), or swiss cheese, or bread.  Uh-oh.
With a quick trip to the............basement fridge, I came up with some rye bread.  And we ended up having the best reuben's I've ever tasted!  To find out how else we improvised, just follow the blog and as usual...leave me a quick note and I'll send you the recipe.
Have a nice night.
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment