Friday, February 18, 2011

Mushroom Swiss Burgers

OK!  I promise not all of my recipes will have mushrooms in it, but tonight I actually made two different kind of burgers and this one seems to be the winner.  Also, something I have made before...but, I had the extra mushrooms from the soup and thought since I have to work tomorrrow, if I made an extra burger or two...the boys can eat them then.
It's actually a different turn from the original Mushroom Swiss burger that you are used to.  I chop up the mushrooms really fine and sautee them and then add them to the burger meat before cooking.  Since my "picky" family always likes their meat well done, it gives them a well done burger while still staying juicy.  We call burger night "Condiment Night" over here because the table is filled with a million different dipping sauces!  We actually have seperate plates where we put the "dips" or mix them or however you choose.
The second  burger that I made tonight had some sour cream and different herbs added to it.  The idea was to keep these burgers moist and tender as well, but I've got to tell you...the mushrooms work WAY better!!!   I also made sure that I used a higher fat meat than normal with these burgers and also DID NOT press the burgers down on the grill as to not squeeze out all the juice.
Unfortunately, I have no picture to add to this entry, because all the burgers disappeared prior to me taking a picture.  Sorry!
Have a great weekend!  And again, if you want either of these recipes, just leave me a comment and "follow" my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment