Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shrimp Rice-Paper Rolls with Vietnamese dipping sauce

So, my sister took me to her "3 favorite" asian stores yesterday and I may have gone a little nuts.  Have you ever been to these stores???  If not, let me just tell you, you really don't need to go looking for a "specialty asian" item.  They have a lot of things one might use in everyday American cooking....FOR MUCH LESS!!!  For example...spices.  Really??  $1.69 for any spice they had?  OMG...I am in heaven!  (I have quite the spice collection, since I try so many different recipes, but I cringe buying them at $4.59 a piece)  I HAVE been to an asian supermarket before, but I didn't have a particular recipe in mind, so a lot of my purchases didn't make a whole lot of sense.  This time I had a menu planned...
Oh, and you can find things you would never think to buy...avocado oil?  Well, it was $10...so I passed, but I'm sure I will be back to get that at one point, it just sounds too good.
With my delicious spring roll recipe in mind, I got far more ingredients than I actually needed, but I'll be better off in the long run when I try that silly "spending vacation" thing I talked about in my last post.  LOL.
It was a little tedious, this recipe...but I did it...with A+ results.  Since I was promised a night out with my "hubby" tonight...I had to make something for lunch.  I didn't have it ready in time for Josh to leave this morning, so I said I'd bring it to work in time for them to eat.  Knowing he eats with the same people everyday, I brought enough for everyone to taste!  YAY.  It was a success!  John even told me I'd have to make them again for the Memorial Day party this year.   
If only he knew the work they took to prepare....
Looking for the recipe?  Follow the blog...and just msg me you'd like the recipe.  I'm more than willing to share. 
Have a great night.  See you tomorrow with another great recipe!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment