Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pasta with grilled shrimp and basil vinaigrette

Pasta is always a great hit.  But with my guys...it's the plain old boring kind...thin spaghetti with red sauce.  Josh likes meatballs, Marcus likes no meat, extra cheese. 
Mom...she likes to spice things up a bit!  What shall I add to the pasta today?  The rest of the shrimp I had from yesterdays recipe?  Some zucchini?  A new sauce?  Why not. 
They liked it.  OMG.  They liked it. 
Well, you never can go wrong when you have fresh Italian bread on hand...
For this recipe the grilled zucchini added flavor and texture to a very light dish.  It still wasn't so great out today, so I chose to broil the veggies and shrimp under the broiler.  I also used a different shaped pasta that I have never used before. 
I am just so amazed that I haven't had a recipe yet that my dear family has complained about.  I will not hold my breath though...
Tomorrows recipe is a breakfast recipe...so we'll see how my early morning skills are.
This is a great spring dish...if you'd like the recipe...follow the blog and just msg me.  I'll be more than happy to send it.  Good night!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment