Saturday, February 26, 2011

Classic New England Clam Chowder

I was really in the mood for clam chowder this week, and Friday seemed like the perfect day to have it.  I'd broil some haddock on the side and yum!  We have a great meal plan.
I have never made clam chowder before, but it didn't seem like it would be that tough.  The only thing I was worried about is that we don't really like potatoes.  Any of us.  Unless of course, they are in the form of french fries..lol.  So, I did put about a half of a potato in (chopped up real fine), but I substituted carrots for the rest of the potatoes.  I also put in an extra can of chopped clams because I like a lot of clams.  I'd assume you could use fresh clams in this recipe if you'd like, but it's not really the season and I don't have that kind of time and/or patience.  The recipe I followed also called for some "hot pepper sauce",  and I used sriracha, but I was at the end of the bottle, so I just dumped the rest in.  I think it was a little much.   A little goes a long way with that stuff.   Marcus wouldn't eat it...which was fine, at least he ate the haddock.
Although I loved it, I do have to say if I had to rate all the recipes for the week, I'd say this came in dead last.  I only say that because when I asked Josh if he wanted me to pack him a little for lunch today his response was "No!"   :-(    Looks like I'll have to try clam chowder again another time, but not for awhile.
Enjoy the weekend.  If you'd like the recipe, just message me.   Thanks!  D

No comments:

Post a Comment