Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Egg Salad Sandwiches

Have you ever tried adding different ingredients to egg salad?  Yeah, me either.  I LOVE egg salad!  Always have!  But I have always like it just plain eggs, salt, pepper and lite mayo.  This time I tried something different.  Bacon and pimento stuffed olives, a little celery and one other key ingredient.  YUMMY! 
Josh laughed and said he wanted his just plain, but got curious about the bacon.  Bacon (turkey bacon of course) is good on anything!  Why would egg sald be different?  He loved it!  Shocking!
I also feel like white bread, even though we NEVER eat it, is the only acceptable bread for an egg salad sandwich.  Anything more flavorful competes with the delicate flavor of egg salad.  However, like I said we never eat it, so we actually had ours in a whole wheat pita.
A few friends I have talked to say they always have trouble making hard bolied eggs...saying they are too difficult to peel afterwards.  I have heard a fool proof method is to bring the eggs to room temperature before boiling.  However, I have never tried that.  I find 9 minutes in boiling water is the perfect amount of time, followed by draining them and letting them sit in freezing cold water for another 5-10 minutes.  I have never had trouble with peeling my eggs.
I'm a few days behind, so although this recipe is from Sunday and it is now Wednesday...I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment