Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Escarole and orzo soup with Parmesan Meatballs

Soup...one of my favorite meals!
It's essentially like a slow-cooker.  An easy meal in one pot, less dishes, and I think you can hardly ever go wrong.
Almost all of the ingredients in this soup are staples you probably have on hand.  I did.  Chicken broth, breadcrumbs. ground turkey, parmesan cheese...
I had a really rough day yesterday, so it seemed like the best day to pull out the heavy pot, throw in my ingredients and not think about it again.  The only mistake I really made was putting the orzo in too soon, I should have waited a little longer, because it cooked for too long and blew up like big balloons, taking a lot of the broth away.  Oh well, I know for next time right?  I DID know this time, but like I said...had a rough day. 
So this soup, similar to Italian wedding...turned out really really well.  The taste was perfect, the prep was easy and the family...They LOVED IT! 
Message me for the recipe if you'd like. 
See you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment