Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pasta with Scallops/Shrimp and Lemon-Mustard Butter Sauce

UGH!  Sometimes Josh is just too picky!  Well, I knew he wouldn't like this project, and I definitely knew he wouldn't like every single thing I made....so why am I surprised?  I'm not sure.  You would think he'd like this recipe though.  He loves scallops and loves pasta.  It may have been the sauce he hated.  Oh well.  I thought it was DELICIOUS!!!
According to what I had planned for the week, I was supposed to make this on Sunday night, but we had company and it just didn't work out that way.  Then on Monday, when I was supposed to do my shopping...something else came up.  So I had all the ingredients, including a left over baguette bread that someone had brought Sunday night...perfect for garlic bread!   I was actually really excited about this meal because I knew Josh loved scallops.  I figured I'd add some shrimp for Marcus (now knowing about his new found love of it), and it just sounded light and satisfying.
Any kind of pasta and seafood dish is appealing to me.  I will always try it.  Obviously, I try not to eat pasta too often as I get older, but I still love it.  By the way, I have found the perfect new pasta!  White pasta is supposed to be bad for you right?  But wheat pasta stinks!  No matter what brand I try, we always dislike it.  Barilla makes a whole grain pasta that is 51% whole wheat.  It is the perfect mix!  Half and half.  Not good for you, not terrible for you.  Try it...it's great.
The velvety consistency is what I loved about this sauce.  I actually par cooked the scallops and shrimp in a white wine lemon peel mixture...then after I cooked down the liquid, I whisked in the butter and mustard...
Very easy and fairly quick...I loved this dinner!

What do you guys think of me just posting the recipes?  Would you enjoy that more?  Let me know your opinions...you should be able to leave any comments you want now...
Sunshine is happiness!  Have a good day!

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."  B. Franklin

1 comment:

  1. Lemon-Mustard Butter Sauce. . . well that is just a mouthwatering idea. Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete