Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

What comes to my mind when I think of comfort food?  That's right...Chicken Pot Pie!  Josh asked me to make this years ago, and it has taken me this long to get it right.  Remember?  He doesn't love the heavy cream...
I searched and searched the internet and cookbooks for a "less rich" version of this dish and finally I found one with NO heavy cream!  After playing with the recipe over the last few years, I have finally got it right where I want it (or where Josh wants it, I should say).  This was the first time I actually made one large pie instead of individual ramekins..(.also for Josh who like less crust).   Who doesn't want the crust?  It's the best part...aside from the peas!
Marcus ate this two nights in a row!  Josh loved it and his only request was next time to just make the filing and serve it over bisquits.  What a great idea!
For the complete recipe, just leave me a comment below. 
Thanks and enjoy the snow.  UGH!

"As long as there are memories, no one ever dies."

No comments:

Post a Comment