Monday, March 14, 2011

Turkey and Corn Quesadillas with Guacamole

I have heard at least 3 times in the past month about this fabulous "Jenny-O" turkey breast.   It's really easy to make, it tastes delicious and it is good for you.  Well, of course I had to try it.
Friday, Josh asked me what was for dinner.  I told him and he seemed...well...less than thrilled.  "I don't think I'll like that!"  were his exact words.  He has told me before that he doesn't like just the turkey breast when you can cook it...he likes the whole turkey.  Maybe next time. 
I actually had thought to myself...'How can I go wrong with this?'  It's like a form of taco.  And I wanted to use the turkey.
Of course I made my guacamole to go with it...I also made a salad with asparagus, jicama. corn, and red pepper.  Don't let anything go to waste around here...I had to use up that jicama and the rest of the corn from the quesadillas.
Pepper Jack cheese was the perfect cheese to use with these...a little spice, but not so much that Marcus wouldn't eat them.  These were so easy to make that I actually re-used the recipe as an appetizer on Sunday when we had company.
Would I buy the "Jenny O" turkey breast again?  Probably not.  Josh may be right about the whole turkey (as much of a pain as it is), but I'm glad I tried it!
I hope you all had a great weekend.
I am going to try and fix this so you can all comment...if anyone can offer advice, please let me know.
"If we had nothing but bliss, we would never be thankful to the extent we should"  --as heard from a friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment