Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Escarole and Beans

This recipe was in the MENU magazine a couple of years ago.  I made it then and I keep re-using the recipe because, I mean, who doesn't love chicken cutlets? 
At one of my staple restaurants (the ones we frequent the most) I ALWAYS order chicken cutlets.  I look at the menu with all intentions of ordering something different, but I still always order the chicken cutlets.  It has become a running joke with our favorite bartender, Amanda.  She has asked me numerous times why I even look at the menu.
So, not exactly chicken cutlets, but kind of similar...these cutlets are drizzled with basting oil and crusted with a mix of pecorino-romano cheese and panko bread crumbs.  I do have wheat panko bread crumbs, but I used up what I had left of the regular ones last night.  (You can find the wheat ones in Nature's Market at Wegmans)  To bake or to fry???  Of course Josh would insist on baking them, but I pan fried them.  And in order to get a really crispy crust, you don't want to overcroud the pan...so I only cook two at a time. 
With the Escarole, I blanched it lightly and added the beans with a secret ingredient...to find out what, just follow the blog and comment below.  I'll send the recipe right over.
Have a positive day!
"Life is a special gift from God. Take time to relax and enjoy it."

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite dishes, Escarole and beans. I will have to give this a try. Thanks :)

    PS: Can you believe it is snowing today!!!

    ReplyDelete