Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One of my staples...

Saturday and Sunday I just didn't cook.  And I didn't care if anyone ate or not...I know it sounds terrible as a mom, but I didn't. 
Monday, I finally got back on track.  I did my shopping and felt a little (not much) better, but I had to start cooking again, for my family.
It was probably about 2 1/2 years ago when a friend of mine (who's name I won't mention, who is in the restaurant business) looked at me and asked me if I had ever had Asiago cheese.  I mean really?  Do you not know me at all?  My ex-husband (also not worth mentioning...lol) was a chef.  I love to cook.  Or...do I not know YOU at all???  OF COURSE I've had asiago cheese!!  So, she continues to go on about how she had made these chicken roll-ups with chicken cutlets, spinach and asiago cheese. 


I thought about that recipe all day, but I had to do the "one up!"  She didn't have a sauce of any kind and it sounded a little dry and boring.  When I finally tried it, I used up some Top Round Beef cutlets that I had in the freezer, sauteed some mushrooms and added those along with the spinach and asiago cheese and topped it with a Mushroom Marsala Sauce.  Mmmmm!!!!
Serve with some delicious wild rice and...get ready for this...my family LIKES it!!!  Again!  And this is one of the staples I like to make.  Easy and delicious.  What more could you ask for?

"The walls we build around us to keep the sadness out also keep out the joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment