Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sesame Garlic Beef Stir Fry

What would we do without Wegmans?  Right?  We have all heard it before, I mean...even Alec Baldwin has said it, we have the best supermarket in the country.  His mom won't move closer to him because she won't leave Wegmans! 
I also love to support local businesses, but I think the only better thing would be if they sold wine at the supermarket.  I would just like the convenience.  (Sorry Louis!...my local wine store owner)
Anyways, I love to grocery shop...and could Wegmans possibly make it any easier for you?  Meals under $6...Make it or Take it...Cleaned and cut veggies of all sorts...etc.  I am usually one who will buy my own stuff and clean and cut it myself, but on occasion, those stir-fry vegetables or already cut up slaws are just too easy to pass up.  AND...have you been to their website?  I went to my freezer on Sunday and said to myself, "I have to use some of this stuff up!"  So I took out two items (to make separately) and you plug them into Wegmans website and they pop out a recipe (or ten) for you to make with your ingredient.  I had a sirloin steak and couldn't remember what I had in mind when I bought it, so I typed it in and this was one of the recipes that popped up.  Not that we haven't had stir fry before, but I also knew I had the Sesame Garlic Sauce.
It took me all of ten minutes to prep and prepare because of course, I bought the Cleaned and Cut Stir Fry Veggies.  Broccoli, snow peas, carrots and bok choy...no slicing or chopping required.  And if you know you won't use the rest of a head of broccoli or bag of carrots...how can you go wrong?  10 more minutes in a wok...
(Side story...I have been looking at woks for about a year and wouldn't buy one because they were too expensive.  Well, remember when my sis took me to all her favorite Asian stores?  I got one for $10.  $10!  I still can't believe it!  I love it!) 
...and we were ready to eat.  The only suggestion from Josh was to add the "heat" to the cooking process next time rather than add it afterwards.  I fully agree...but as you can see in the pic...that's Josh's thumbs up approval!  LOL
"Today, look at the gifts in your life and be thankful.  You are far richer than your eyes can see."

No comments:

Post a Comment