Thursday, March 10, 2011

One of Josh's Staples...

We were supposed to have a dinner guest last night who recently told us he liked Thai food.  I, also love Thai food, but my family...not so much.  I tried to make Red Curry Shrimp with Vegetables once and Josh very politely told me I didn't need to try this recipe again. 
When Josh also suggested I make something Thai for our guest, I thought about it until I realized he would never eat it and nixed the idea entirely.  But since we actually conceptualized it first and had a shrimp/noodle (pad thai)creation in mind...I asked him what he thought of making "that light pasta dish" he had made me one time.  He was in! 
Let me just tell you...Josh knows how to cook.  He will lie through his teeth and pretend he doesn't, but he definitely made me quite a few delicious dishes during the "courting phase."  This being one of them.  Man, I miss those times...lol.
We were at my house (when we lived separately) and had no idea what to make for dinner.  There was also only one child at the time...I worked a lot of hours...and wasn't the planner of meals as I am now.  So, as I've said before I have always had a stocked kitchen...and he asked if I had some ingredients...
Spinach...yes
Artichokes...yes
White beans...yes
Chicken broth....yes
Shrimp...yes
about 16 other things...yes
And in about 25 minutes we had a fantastic meal...that Josh prepared! 
That was then.
Back to last night...our dinner guest wasn't able to make it, but obviously we had the same meal...just as easy...just as quick...just as light (for a pasta dish anyways).  And who the heck knew Marcus LOVED shrimp???  He asked for more.  TWICE!
So it is a staple for us, just when there is no plan, because I know it's easy and I know I'll always have the ingredients.  Be a follower of my blog and I'll send you any recipe you'd like. 

This quote I feel is quite appropriate...
"We are all given the ingredients of happiness, but the mixing is left to ourselves."
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment