Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mahi Mahi Al Forno with Soy and Scallions

I had purchased some Mahi Mahi thinking I was going to use it to make fish tacos, the texture of the fish works real well with that recipe.  I never made them.  I still needed to use the fish and I saw this recipe in the Wegmans MENU magazine.  Fairly simple to make, I was nervous about it because I figured the boys wouldn't like it...
I had all the ingredients needed and figured a nice garden salad and some rice would be the perfect accompaniments.
Josh's exact words?  "You're really on a roll with these dinners you've been making!  That was delicious!"  I couldn't even believe what I had heard.  I think he likes this experiment!  P.S...Please just don't remind them that they haven't had tacos this week! 

Mahi Mahi Al Forno with Soy and Scallions
Serves: 4 
Approximate time to prepare and cook: 25 minutes

4 mahi mahi filets (6oz each)
2 Tbsp basting oil
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (I used whole wheat panko bread crumbs)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
Bosari original seasoned salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  1. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray; place fish on sheet.
     
  2. Combine basting oil, panko, and green onions in a small bowl. Drizzle each piece of fish with 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce. Lightly season with Borsari; top each with 1/4 of the panko mixture.
     
  3. Bake about 14 min, or until internal temp reaches 130 degrees. Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of fish. Remove from oven; let rest 2 min.
Enjoy!!

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

No comments:

Post a Comment