Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Seafood Fra Diavolo

This recipe all started with a jarred sauce that I purchased that I wanted to get out of my cupboard!  I think I have said before...I don't like jarred sauce.  Why did I buy it then?  Who knows!   I am so glad I used it though, it turned out to be really tasty.

Back to the Wegmans website...punch it in and it comes up with some great recipes!  This is the one I decided on.  We tend to have more chicken and beef than seafood, even though I try to sneak it in as much as I can. 

Marcus LOVES mussels.  I know right???  Shocking.  It all started at Carrabba's when he was about 18 months old.  The kid ate an entire portion of their mussels steamed in white wine, basil and lemon butter.  He goes crazy for them EVERY time he sees mussels now.  Weird!

Not this time though.  This dish was a little spicy for him, and I don't blame him.  It was a little spicy to me too...and I love hot stuff!!

This called for calamari, which I LOVE!  But I have never actually made myself.  I am always scared of it...thinking I will over cook it, but I didn't!  It was just perfect!

Josh loved it and so did I.  Even the lunch leftovers were fantastic!

Just leave me a message and I'll send the recipe!  It's so delicious!!!!!

""Families are like fudge...mostly sweet with a few nuts!"

No comments:

Post a Comment