Thursday, March 31, 2011

Southwest-Style Beef Wraps with Avocado, Tomato and Corn Salsa

I like to try new things!  My family, not so much.  They don't mind different ideas, but they like the same ingredients.  So to add cheddar cheese, tomatoes, black beans and taco meat to an omelet is acceptable.  Pre-marinated beef is not.  

  A lot of this project is just me trying to use up those new things that I have in my pantry or my freezer.  Well guess what?  The beef is used and I don't think I'll be buying it again...even though I thought it was very enjoyable.

I was trying to use up a peppercorn marinated beef shoulder.  What better way to do that than in a burrito shell?  Disguised as tacos, it was the perfect thing to do!

Marcus has been very sick, so he didn't even try it, but Josh was immediately disappointed.  It looked great, it smelled great...he just wasn't a fan of the marinade.  I disagree...I loved it.  Plus when you add the salsa right onto the wrap...how can it be bad?

Comment below and I will send the recipe over to you. 

"No matter how long the winter is, spring is sure to follow."  I keep telling myself that!

No comments:

Post a Comment