Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baja Fish Soft Tacos


I know I just made something Mexican last night, but I had this fresh Cod and wanted to use it up.  I also had cabbage and a pico de gallo salsa that Josh won't eat because there is cilantro in it.  Well, he was golfing again, so this is what I made.

Baja Fish Soft Tacos

Original recipe from Weight Watchers Summer 2011
PointsPlus value per serving= 8

  • 4-6oz. Tilapia fillets (I used the fresh cod I had on hand)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 C. packaged slaw (I cut up the fresh cabbage I had in the fridge)
  • 3 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • 1/2 C. refrigerated pico do gallo
1. Preheat grill.
2.  Coat fish with cooking spray.  Combine crushed red pepper and salt; sprinkle on both sides of fish.  Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray.  Grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
3.  While fish grills, combine slaw and next three ingredients in a bowl, tossing to coat.
4.  Quickly flake fish into bite sized pieces.
5.  Wrap tortillas in two layers of damp paper towels.  Microwave on High 30-40 seconds or until thoroughly heated.  Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup slaw mixture and 1 Tbsp. pico de gallo.

4 servings (2 tacos)

I varied a lot from this recipe.  I used Cod...two 6oz. fillets and instead of grilling them, I prepared them the exact same way, but baked them at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.  Just on a foil covered baking sheet.  Next, as I was waiting for the oven to heat, I was munching on the raw cabbage and thought how great it tasted, so I just put that on my taco without mixing the mayo, cilantro, red pepper combo to it.  Finally, I toasted the corn tortillas in the toaster oven rather than microwave them. 
Pretty delicious and very easy.  Although next time I'll skip the corn tortilla and not have the taco concept. 

"The most important thing a Father can do for his children is to love their mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment