Monday, June 6, 2011

Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Vermicelli

Ooooo...Who doesn't love a new cookbook?  Or new cooking magazine?  I LOVE BOTH!  I wish I could start from front and go to back and make every single recipe!  Some things though, I just know my family wouldn't eat!
Well, standing in an extremely LONG line at the supermarket, I picked up a Weight Watchers magazine...just to browse through of course!  I opened up to this recipe and couldn't stop thinking about it until I asked the woman behind me to hand the magazine back to me and placed it with the rest of my groceries. 
This turned out SO fabulous!  I love how they don't saute the spinach first, but use the pasta water to wilt it.  I'm going to do this again...it seems a much healthier way than to saute in oil! 

Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Vermicelli

Original recipe from Weight Watchers Summer 2011
Points Plus value per serving=9

  • 5 oz. uncooked vermicelli
  • 6oz. fresh baby spinach
  • 1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, divided
  • 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
  • 1/3 C. dry white wine
  • 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/4 C. rated fresh Parmesan cheese
1.  Break pasta in half and cook according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.  Place spinach and tomatoes in a colander.  Pour pasta and cooking liquid over spinach mixture in colander, turning with tongs until spinach wilts.
2.  While pasta cooks, melt 1 tsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat; add shrimp and garlic.  Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.  Saute until shrimp just turn pink.  Stir in wine; cook 1 minute.  Remove pan from heat.
3.  Add pasta mixture, remaining 1 1/2 tsp butter, and lemon juice to shrimp mixture; toss well.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

4 servings @ 1 Cup each.

Eva and I ate quite a bit of this...the boys asked for burgers that morning.   They did however have this as a side when they saw how delicious it looked!! 

Have a nice sunny day!

1 comment:

  1. Just sayin - it looks awesome Darling! Thinking I'm gonna make this for my fam! Anymore healthy you can throw our way we will take it!

    ReplyDelete