Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Meatless Burger Tostadas with Avocado Ranch Dressing

GOLF.  Ugh.  Why can't I belong to a spa that costs just as much per year, where I go once (or more) a week for a massage that lasts 4 hours...and serves champagne when your finished for an additional 45 minutes??   I may secretly be thinking to myself to open one of these up right now!

Josh had a golf tournament, so it was just Eva and I for dinner...AGAIN.  This seemed easy enough to make in a small portion (with some left-over if Josh wanted it when he got home).  Unlike the Hormel Roast Beef Au jus, I probably wouldn't try the meatless crumbles again.  It's not that they were bad, I'd just rather have ground turkey or beef instead.  I do like to try new things, so I'm glad I gave them a shot...now I know.  Let me know your opinion if you try them...

Meatless Burger Tostadas with Avocado Ranch Dressing

Original Recipe from Weight Watchers Summer 2011
PointsPlus value per serving= 6

  • 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1-12oz. pkg. frozen meatless crumbles, thawed (such as Morning Farms)
  • 1/3 C. water
  • 2 Tbsp. less-sodium taco seasoning (I used 1/2 a packet of regular taco seasoning)
  • 2 C. shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1 1/4 C. chopped tomato
  • 1/2 avocado, mashed
  • 1/3 C. fat-free ranch dressing (I used much less than that, having the avocado as the main taste)
  • 1/4 C. sliced green onions

1.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.  Coat tortillas with cooking spray.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
3.  While tortillas bake, combine meatless crumbles, water, and taco seasoning in a large skillet.  Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
4.  Place 1/2 C. lettuce on each tortilla.  Top evenly with meatless crumble mixture, and sprinkle with tomato.
5.  Combine avocado and dressing, stirring until smooth; spoon mixture over tostadas, and sprinkle with green onions.  I also put a little shredded cheddar cheese on mine.

4 servings (1 tostada)

Baking the tortillas instead of frying them was the way to go!  I had made a chicken, black bean tostada awhile back and it was a lot heavier than these were.  And who knew avocado and ranch went so well together?  Yum!

"A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season."

No comments:

Post a Comment